There’s always the danger that your roof will be damaged, regardless of the material it’s made from. Hail, falling branches, or even a lousy leak can cause problems for any roofing material. Consider a tile roof if you’re looking for a sturdy, beautiful roof. Tile roofs are renowned for their durability and lasting appeal, making them an excellent investment for your home.
Why Tiles are the Right Roofing Choice?
Roofing experts use various materials, including clay, concrete, and even metal, to make tile roofs.
- Tile roofs are designed to withstand harsh weather conditions, including high winds and heavy rains.
- Tile roofs are also fire resistant, giving you peace of mind in a wildfire.
- If you live in an area prone to earthquakes, a tile roof can provide added protection for your home.
Types of Tile Roofing
There are two main types of tile roofs:
- Interlocking tiles – which are connected without the use of nails or screws.
- Non-interlocking tiles are fastened to the roof deck with nails or screws.
How Tough Are Tile Roofs?
Tile roofs are one of the most rigid types of roofs available today. With proper installation and maintenance, a tile roof can last for decades. Tile roofing is also one of the most fire-resistant roofing materials available.
When it comes to earthquakes, tile roofs perform better than asphalt shingle roofs and wood shake roofs. This is because interlocking tiles are less likely to come loose in an earthquake. Non-interlocking tiles can also perform well in an earthquake, as long as they are correctly fastened to the roof deck.
In conclusion, tile roofs are tough! They are durable, fire-resistant, and earthquake-resistant. If you live in an area that experiences these natural disasters, a tile roof is an excellent option for your home.
Tile Roof Maintenance Tips
To keep your tile roof in tip-top shape, follow these simple maintenance tips:
- Inspect your roof regularly for signs of damage or wear.
- If you notice any damaged or loose tiles, repair or replace them immediately.
- Keep trees and shrubs trimmed away from your roof to prevent branches from causing damage.
- Remove any moss or algae growth as soon as possible to prevent it from spreading and causing further damage.
- Get professionals to clean your roof every few years to remove built-up dirt and debris.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your tile roof will provide lasting protection and beauty for your home.
Tile roofs provide excellent insulation value and can increase your home’s resale value. If you’re considering a new durable roof for your Denver home, give Priority Roofing a call. We’ll help you choose the perfect roofing solution for your needs and budget and take care of all the installation and maintenance work to enjoy your beautiful new roof worry-free. Schedule a free inspection with our team today!