Currently, the main energy resource (approximately 70%) is fuels: coal, oil, gas, wood, fuel waste. Another part is represented by the energy produced in hydropower plants and nuclear power plants. Of the total energy consumed, about a third is used in various forms for heating homes and for producing domestic hot water.
At the current rate of population growth and technological development, it is visible that the need for cheap and widely used energy resources is growing greatly. A solution that some knowledgeable Austin roofers recommend is solar panels.
The principle of their operation is based on the conversion of solar radiation into heat and its use for water heating. The hot water obtained can be used as such, in the form of domestic hot water or as a primary heating agent for the preparation of domestic hot water in an accumulator. In some cases it can also be used as a heating agent.
Benefits of a solar panel system
- The energy source (solar radiation) that solar panels use in order to operate is free, which considerably reduces electricity or gas costs
- It can provide 60 percent to 70 percent of the domestic hot water that average consumers need per year
- Long service life – minimum 20 years
- Easy installation
- Minimum maintenance costs – solar panels work without complicated mechanisms
- High resistance
- The collected thermal energy can be stored
- Amortization of the investment after 2-3 years